On the 19th and 20th of October the international conference Port Management & Logistics is taking place in Portorož. It is organised by Luka Koper in cooperation with the Faculty for Maritime Studies and Transportation, University of Ljubljana and the University of Primorska.
The following topics will be discussed:
• The role of transit ports as logistics and distribution centres in the global economy (the challenges for the transport chain, and opportunities for the provision of value-added services)
• Interconnecting ports with their hinterlands – future challenges for the European rail network
• The sustainable development of ports
• Trade between the EU and the Far East: Southern European ports as an alternative to the North European ones
• Workshop: The major issues of EU port policy (self-handling and the role of the port authority)
See you in Portorož!