Supporting power and steel industry supply
At the terminal we handle and warehouse coal and iron ore.
The terminal equipment enables the loading and discharging of cargo to/from all means of transport (wagon, truck, barge / ship).
Terminal in numbers
|Capacity and equipment|
|Operative shore||630 m|
|Max. arrival draught||17.20 m|
|No restriction till arrival draught||16.50 m|
|Gantry crane 15 tons||1|
|Bridge crane 32 tons||3|
|Unloading (daily capacity)|
|Coal (handy size)||8,000 - 12,000 tons|
|Coal (cape size vessel)||17,000 tons|
|Coal (panamax vessel)||15,000 tons|
|Iron ore (cape size vessel)||25,000 tons|
|Loading (daily capacity)|
|Coal (handy size vessel)||10,000 tons|
|Coal (barge)||10,000 tons|
|Iron ore||400,000 tons|
|Coal||stacker - reclaimer|
|Iron ore||stacker - reclaimer|
- blending, crushing, screening.
- application of anti-icing agents on ore and coal
Terminal and environment
The terminal is located close to urban areas. For that reason we at Luka Koper d.d. devote special attention to the environmental aspects of terminal operation.
In order to limit the negative influence of terminal operations, particularly the dust, we have introduced the following measures:
- computer-controlled closed conveyor system for unloading of ships,
- ship loader is equipped with an anti-dust telescopic tube,
- we have set up a system of sprinkling towers and an aluminium barrier (11 metres) around the terminal,
- by spraying special cellulose mixture on the stockpiles we cover coal and ore with crust that prevents dusting even with strong wind,
- sprinkling devices on the handling equipment,
- cleaning the transport path around the terminal twice a day,
- the technological water is collected, treated and re-used.