In the Port of Koper, we have successfully participated in many projects co-financed by the European Union. By the end of 2020, we have efficiently drawn 5.7 million euros from currently active projects and we expect to obtain another 6.8 million euros.
We recently applied for two major projects in consortia with other project partners. These projects include the CEF Telecom tender on the topic of cyber-security and the Horizon 2020 Green Deal tender where we submitted an extensive project for the development and establishment of a digital twin electricity network in the port and feasibility studies on the use of hydrogen in port operations. We are currently preparing an application for the CEF Transport tender for co-financing project documentation for the development of the northern part of Pier I and landfill (cassettes) on Pier II and the southern shore of Pier II. The results of the selection of co-financed projects will be known in the summer.
We are currently investing European funds in infrastructure and equipment through the following current projects:
1. NAPA4CORE (2014–2021) – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 28,957,000; 20% co-financing
• Construction of railway infrastructure on Pier I;
• Setting-up of expansions in the hinterland of berth 7c (implemented);
• Reconstruction of berths 7a and 7b and construction of berth 7d;
• Construction of Bertoki entrance gate.
2. EALING – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 308,000; 50% co-financing
Creation of project documentation for the electrification of the new ro-ro berth in Basin III (multi-purpose terminal).
3. 5G-LOGINNOV – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 490.000; 70 % co-financing
Testing of 5G mobile network at Container Terminal.
4. CLEAN BERTH – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 182,000; 85% co-financing
Procurement and installation of radars for the detection of oil slicks over the sea surface.
5. ADRIPASS – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 122,000; 85% co-financing
• Upgrade of ACAR TOS system for Car Terminal;
• Completion of EDI CENTER 2 system.
6. ISTEN – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 138,000; 85% co-financing
Upgrade of TOS system at Container Terminal – Terminal View.
7. SUPAIR – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 129,000; 85% co-financing
• Installation of noise meters for above- and below sea surface noise measuring;
• Installation of underwater camera and sensors for analysis of seawater.
8. REIF – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 199,000; 85% co-financing
Installation of cameras for the recognition of freight wagon markings at EET.
9. INTERGREEN-NODES – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 148,000 €; 85% co-financing
Installation of a micro solar power plant at the transformer station located near Troples building.
10. COMODALCE – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 200,000 €; 85% co-financing
Installation of OCR system for the recognition of container- and freight wagon markings at Container Terminal.
11. TALKNET – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 221,000; 85% co-financing
Installation of automatic LED lighting system and energy consumption control system in the warehouse 33 at General Cargo Terminal.
In addition to the European funds used for investment in port infrastructure and equipment, a large part of EU funds is earmarked exclusively for studies and research in the sphere of port development in various segments (logistics, safety, ecology, etc.). Current European projects where funding is available only for research and studies are:
12. INFRASTRESS – Project value for the Port of Koper EUR 211,000, 70 % co-financing
Testing of innovative technologies for improving resilience of sensitive infrastructure.
13. ARRS – Port of Koper taking part as results user and project co-financer up to EUR 100,000
Development of a sustainable model for the growth of a “green port”.
14. RRI (NMP) – Project value EUR 215,000, 50% co-financing
Survey on alternative use of seabed sludge.