1. The company Luka Koper d.d. processes personal data based on its legitimate interest as arising from Regulation (EC) No. 725/2004 of the European Parliament and the Council of 31 March 2004 on enhancing ship and port facility security, the Decree on the implementation of protective measures in ports and on board ships (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia Nos. 64/04, 41/07 and 68/12), the Private Security Act, the Critical Infrastructure Act and the Safety Plan of Luka Koper, which imposes an obligation on the operator to protect human life and property and determines the safety measures for the protection/security of the port, i.e. Luka Koper d.d.
2. The Safety Plan states, among others, that movement and presence of individuals in the protected area of Luka Koper d.d. require access permit (pass) which is issued by the Port Security Department based on submitted application. Before being issued the permit, the applicant has to fulfill determined conditions and criteria and has to submit all required supporting evidence.
3. To ensure the protection of human life and belongings, video surveillance and access surveillance systemhave been placed within the entire Port of Koper protected area (Port and Luka Koper premises). Both systems are operated by the Port Security Department which processes the data in line with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act.
To ensure safety, the communication on the emergency phone number of the Security-surveillance center (+386 5 6656 950) is recorded, as well as the VHF channels for vessel/port communication (channel 8) and on the VHF channel intended for internal railway transport.
For additional information please feel free to contact us at phone number +386 (0)05 6656950.
4. The controller of personal data is the company Luka Koper d.d., represented by its management board.
5. For the implementation of data protection officer (DPO) tasks, the company Luka Koper d.d. entered into an agreement with the company Mikrocop d.o.o. In its capacity as legal entity, Mikrocop d.o.o. performs the functions of certified data protection officer in line with European and Slovenian legislation. Owing to its required professional expertise and based on its professional knowledge, actual experience in the sphere of legislation, and practice in the field of personal data protection and in similar field of business, it shall independently assist the company Luka Koper d.d. in the processing.
|Legal entity:||Mikrocop d.o.o.|
|E-mail:/strong>||firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com|
|Telephone:||+386 (0)1 5874 280 / +386 (0)5 6656 161|
The company Luka Koper d.d. processes the following personal data for the purpose of
a) issuing access permits (passes):
Applicant’s name, surname, date of birth, number and type of personal document, citizenship, residence permit, work permit (foreigners), employer (company), company’s responsible person, company’s tax number, certificate attesting the absence of any criminal record, extract from the criminal record, status of employment/business relationship, registration/de-registration with the Health Insurance Institute of Slovenia (ZZZS), agreement on cooperation, applicant’s photograph, vehicle’s plate number.
RETENTION PERIOD: 3 years
b) operating the access surveillance system:
Person’s name and surname, date of birth, employment, photograph, date, time and location of access.
RETENTION PERIOD: 2 years
c) operating the video surveillance system:
Person’s photograph or video recording, time, location.
RETENTION PERIOD: 30 days
6. Personal data are processed, protected and kept in line with the valid personal data protection legislation, the company’s Rules on Personal Data Protection and based on other Company’s acts. Personal data will not be disclosed to non-authorised third parties, except to those who prove their right to access personal data based on final court injunction or based on administrative decision or resolution, or are entitled to access the data based on their authorisations and mandate.
7. Personal data are not transferred to third countries.
8. Each person interested in obtainining the right for inspection or correction of personal data or a person who requires additional information regarding the processing and protection of personal data shall refer to the data protection officer available at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org at the address Luka Koper, d.d., Vojkovo nabrežje 38, 6501 Koper, Slovenia.
9. A complain concerning the personal data processing can be submitted to the Information Commissioner of the Republic of Slovenia.