The Knowledge-Driven Future of Logistics
Hoteli Morje Convention Centre
19th & 20th October, 2005
Organised by Luka Koper d.d., in conjunction with the Faculty for Maritime Studies and Transportation - University of Ljubljana and the University of Primorska.
Following its warmly-welcomed debut in 2004, the this year’s second Port Management and Logistics Conference promises to be an even greater event than the last. Over two days, and organised in the form of four sessions and a workshop, more than thirty speakers shall make their presentations and provide an opportunity to discuss topical issues related to the transport and logistic sector.
• The role of transit ports as logistics and distribution centres in the global economy (the challenges for the transport chain, and opportunities for the provision of value-added services)
• Interconnecting ports with their hinterlands – future challenges for the European rail network
• The sustainable development of ports
• Trade between the EU and the Far East: Southern European ports as an alternative to the North European ones
• Workshop: The major issues of EU port policy (self-handling and the role of the port authority)
Golden partner of the conference:
Pacorini Limited d.o.o.
Partners of the conference:
Banka Koper d.d.
EH Harms Car Shipping Avtotransport Koper d.o.o.
Piloti Koper – pomorska pilotaža d.o.o.
SŽ – Železniško gradbeno podjetje Ljubljana d.d.